Tally Ho! future uncertain
THE future of the Tally Ho! Pub at Mettingham seemed uncertain yesterday.It remained closed on New Year's Eve, the busiest night of the year for pubs, and one regular said he had been told that the licensees planned to close it shortly.
QUESTION MARK OVER LANDMARK LOCAL: The future of the Tally Ho! pub at Mettingham (left) seemed uncertain yesterday.
The pub remained closed on New Year's Eve, the busiest night of the year for pubs, and one regular said he had been told that the licensees planned to close it shortly.
"It is sad for the village - I have been going in there for 30 years," he added.
For many years the Tally Ho! - which has held a landmark spot beside the B1062 Beccles-Bungay road for well over a century, has been a popular venue for jazz sessions on a Thursday, and those involved with that were not aware that it might be closing.
You may also want to watch:
Landlord Richard Harris said yesterday that
he had no comment
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 6 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 7 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead
to make on the rumours but hoped to be in a position to do so next week.