Tally Ho! future uncertain
THE future of the Tally Ho! Pub at Mettingham seemed uncertain yesterday.It remained closed on New Year's Eve, the busiest night of the year for pubs, and one regular said he had been told that the licensees planned to close it shortly.
QUESTION MARK OVER LANDMARK LOCAL: The future of the Tally Ho! pub at Mettingham (left) seemed uncertain yesterday.
The pub remained closed on New Year's Eve, the busiest night of the year for pubs, and one regular said he had been told that the licensees planned to close it shortly.
"It is sad for the village - I have been going in there for 30 years," he added.
For many years the Tally Ho! - which has held a landmark spot beside the B1062 Beccles-Bungay road for well over a century, has been a popular venue for jazz sessions on a Thursday, and those involved with that were not aware that it might be closing.
Landlord Richard Harris said yesterday that
he had no comment
- 1 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 2 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 'A very special place' - New mayor privileged to serve town
- 5 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 6 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Data reveals 'inadequate' Suffolk schools starting again as academies
- 9 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
to make on the rumours but hoped to be in a position to do so next week.