Tally Ho! future uncertain
THE future of the Tally Ho! Pub at Mettingham seemed uncertain yesterday.It remained closed on New Year's Eve, the busiest night of the year for pubs, and one regular said he had been told that the licensees planned to close it shortly.
QUESTION MARK OVER LANDMARK LOCAL: The future of the Tally Ho! pub at Mettingham (left) seemed uncertain yesterday.
The pub remained closed on New Year's Eve, the busiest night of the year for pubs, and one regular said he had been told that the licensees planned to close it shortly.
"It is sad for the village - I have been going in there for 30 years," he added.
For many years the Tally Ho! - which has held a landmark spot beside the B1062 Beccles-Bungay road for well over a century, has been a popular venue for jazz sessions on a Thursday, and those involved with that were not aware that it might be closing.
You may also want to watch:
Landlord Richard Harris said yesterday that
he had no comment
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
to make on the rumours but hoped to be in a position to do so next week.