Tally Ho! future uncertain
THE future of the Tally Ho! Pub at Mettingham seemed uncertain yesterday.It remained closed on New Year's Eve, the busiest night of the year for pubs, and one regular said he had been told that the licensees planned to close it shortly.
QUESTION MARK OVER LANDMARK LOCAL: The future of the Tally Ho! pub at Mettingham (left) seemed uncertain yesterday.
The pub remained closed on New Year's Eve, the busiest night of the year for pubs, and one regular said he had been told that the licensees planned to close it shortly.
"It is sad for the village - I have been going in there for 30 years," he added.
For many years the Tally Ho! - which has held a landmark spot beside the B1062 Beccles-Bungay road for well over a century, has been a popular venue for jazz sessions on a Thursday, and those involved with that were not aware that it might be closing.
You may also want to watch:
Landlord Richard Harris said yesterday that
he had no comment
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 8 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 9 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
to make on the rumours but hoped to be in a position to do so next week.