Teams battle it out at annual Beccles skittles evening
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Helping Hands held its annual skittles evening on October 7.
Twenty-eight players took part in four teams, with only three points separating each of the teams at the end.
Beccles Helping Hands team A and Beccles Institute Bowls Club team A were equal first on 145 points, and a tie break between the team’s highest scorers - Carol Brockwell and Mick Holmes - meant the narrowest of victories went to Helping Hands team A.
A total of £82 was raised through a raffle and a donation from the Institute members.
The winning team pictured from left are Julia Page, Lorna Rodgers, Carol Brockwell, Simon Clarke, Frankie Denny, Anne Brockwell, Keith Brockwell, and highest scorer on the night, Mick Holmes.
You may also want to watch:
Members of Beccles Helping Hands would like to thank the Fox and Hounds social club in Beccles for allowing them to use one of their rooms for the evening.
- 1 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital