Teams battle it out at annual Beccles skittles evening
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Helping Hands held its annual skittles evening on October 7.
Twenty-eight players took part in four teams, with only three points separating each of the teams at the end.
Beccles Helping Hands team A and Beccles Institute Bowls Club team A were equal first on 145 points, and a tie break between the team’s highest scorers - Carol Brockwell and Mick Holmes - meant the narrowest of victories went to Helping Hands team A.
A total of £82 was raised through a raffle and a donation from the Institute members.
The winning team pictured from left are Julia Page, Lorna Rodgers, Carol Brockwell, Simon Clarke, Frankie Denny, Anne Brockwell, Keith Brockwell, and highest scorer on the night, Mick Holmes.
You may also want to watch:
Members of Beccles Helping Hands would like to thank the Fox and Hounds social club in Beccles for allowing them to use one of their rooms for the evening.
- 1 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 2 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 7 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 8 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 9 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 10 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads