Teams battle it out at annual Beccles skittles evening
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Helping Hands held its annual skittles evening on October 7.
Twenty-eight players took part in four teams, with only three points separating each of the teams at the end.
Beccles Helping Hands team A and Beccles Institute Bowls Club team A were equal first on 145 points, and a tie break between the team’s highest scorers - Carol Brockwell and Mick Holmes - meant the narrowest of victories went to Helping Hands team A.
A total of £82 was raised through a raffle and a donation from the Institute members.
The winning team pictured from left are Julia Page, Lorna Rodgers, Carol Brockwell, Simon Clarke, Frankie Denny, Anne Brockwell, Keith Brockwell, and highest scorer on the night, Mick Holmes.
You may also want to watch:
Members of Beccles Helping Hands would like to thank the Fox and Hounds social club in Beccles for allowing them to use one of their rooms for the evening.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 7 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham