Teams battle it out at annual Beccles skittles evening
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Helping Hands held its annual skittles evening on October 7.
Twenty-eight players took part in four teams, with only three points separating each of the teams at the end.
Beccles Helping Hands team A and Beccles Institute Bowls Club team A were equal first on 145 points, and a tie break between the team’s highest scorers - Carol Brockwell and Mick Holmes - meant the narrowest of victories went to Helping Hands team A.
A total of £82 was raised through a raffle and a donation from the Institute members.
The winning team pictured from left are Julia Page, Lorna Rodgers, Carol Brockwell, Simon Clarke, Frankie Denny, Anne Brockwell, Keith Brockwell, and highest scorer on the night, Mick Holmes.
You may also want to watch:
Members of Beccles Helping Hands would like to thank the Fox and Hounds social club in Beccles for allowing them to use one of their rooms for the evening.
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 7 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day