Teen’s skydive raises £800 for causes close to her heart
- Credit: Archant
Sixteen-year-old Sophie Kerr has raised £800 for two causes close to her heart after jumping 13,000 feet out of a plane.
The Worlingham student completed the tandem skydive at Ellough Airfield on Saturday, cheered on by family and friends.
The money will be split between The People’s Picnic in Norwich, which provides free hot food to homeless people, with the other half going to family friend Sarah Effeny who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The money will be used to pay for a day out for Mrs Effeny, her husband Lee and their children Elsie-Mai, Sid and Albert.
Sophie said: “I loved every second of it and I want to do it all over again.
“I wasn’t nervous at all, and having Sarah watching at the bottom really gave me a boost.”
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Sophie visit https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/donna-smith-5
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail