New Beccles salon is a dream come true for teenage beautician Lauren
- Credit: Archant
A teenage beautician has taken the initial steps to achieve her dream of owning a beauty empire as she opens her first salon in Beccles.
Lauren Skipper, 19, from Ditchingham, opened Vos Beauty at the start of December.
Based above Lady Marmalade in the town centre, the salon offers a full range of beauty services.
Miss Skipper said: “Beauty has always been what I’ve wanted to do. It sounds cliché but people do really appreciate it.
“You have the chance to make people feel good about themselves and that is 100pc why I enjoy doing it.”
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old learnt her craft through an apprenticeship at East Coast College, formally know as Lowestoft College.
She said: “They were really supportive, especially my tutor Laura Davis who was amazing from start to finish - she was always there to help me.”
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
In recent years Miss Skipper has worked at a variety of salons, learning more about the beauty business with each new experience.
She said: “For me, having the experiences of working in different salons I knew the do’s and don’ts before starting.
“I’m working six days a week and a lot of it you just pick it up as you go.”
Speaking of her Beccles base, Miss Skipper said: “I love it up here it’s so personal. Beccles is such a lovely town - it has a little bit of everything.
“There are all sorts of clientele so you know your day is never going to be boring.”
She added: “For me this is the first step. Once I am up and running I would love to expand and keep growing.”
The beautician gave special mention to her “amazing” parents who have helped her start the venture. She said: “They have been so supportive and encouraging and my dad has given me a lot of business advice.”
She added: “I think when you have an opportunity you have to be positive and push yourself.
“As long as you make people happy you will have a booming business.”
For more information on the salon visit the ‘Vos Beauty’ Facebook page or call 07825002495.