New Beccles salon is a dream come true for teenage beautician Lauren
- Credit: Archant
A teenage beautician has taken the initial steps to achieve her dream of owning a beauty empire as she opens her first salon in Beccles.
Lauren Skipper, 19, from Ditchingham, opened Vos Beauty at the start of December.
Based above Lady Marmalade in the town centre, the salon offers a full range of beauty services.
Miss Skipper said: “Beauty has always been what I’ve wanted to do. It sounds cliché but people do really appreciate it.
“You have the chance to make people feel good about themselves and that is 100pc why I enjoy doing it.”
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old learnt her craft through an apprenticeship at East Coast College, formally know as Lowestoft College.
She said: “They were really supportive, especially my tutor Laura Davis who was amazing from start to finish - she was always there to help me.”
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
In recent years Miss Skipper has worked at a variety of salons, learning more about the beauty business with each new experience.
She said: “For me, having the experiences of working in different salons I knew the do’s and don’ts before starting.
“I’m working six days a week and a lot of it you just pick it up as you go.”
Speaking of her Beccles base, Miss Skipper said: “I love it up here it’s so personal. Beccles is such a lovely town - it has a little bit of everything.
“There are all sorts of clientele so you know your day is never going to be boring.”
She added: “For me this is the first step. Once I am up and running I would love to expand and keep growing.”
The beautician gave special mention to her “amazing” parents who have helped her start the venture. She said: “They have been so supportive and encouraging and my dad has given me a lot of business advice.”
She added: “I think when you have an opportunity you have to be positive and push yourself.
“As long as you make people happy you will have a booming business.”
For more information on the salon visit the ‘Vos Beauty’ Facebook page or call 07825002495.