Two teenage motorcyclists arrested after police officer is injured
Two teenagers from Beccles have been arrested after a policeman was left seriously injured in a collision.
The incident occurred in Aldeburgh High Street at around 4pm yesterday, when the officer attempted to stop three motorcyclists.
Two of which failed to stop and the officer was subsequently injured in a collision with one of them.
He was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with what was initially feared to be a serious leg injury.
However, tests confirmed the leg is not broken but is very badly bruised with suspected ligament damage.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “He has now left hospital to continue his recovery at home and would like to pass on his thanks to all the members of the public who stopped to assist him.”
Following a search of the area two teenagers, both from Beccles, were arrested.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 4 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 5 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 6 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 7 Town's post office to close within a month
- 8 'Christmas is happening in Beccles' - Theatre's relief as restrictions lifted
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 10 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
The first, an 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm; dangerous driving; drug-driving; failing to stop for police; driving without insurance; driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence; no MOT; and possession of a Class B or C drugs.
The second, a 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving; drug-driving; failing to stop for police; and possession of a Class B or C drug.
Both were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and have been released under investigation pending further enquires.
Any witnesses to this incident are asked to contact the PHQ Roads Policing Team on 101 quoting reference 29172/18.