Two teenage motorcyclists arrested after police officer is injured
Two teenagers from Beccles have been arrested after a policeman was left seriously injured in a collision.
The incident occurred in Aldeburgh High Street at around 4pm yesterday, when the officer attempted to stop three motorcyclists.
Two of which failed to stop and the officer was subsequently injured in a collision with one of them.
He was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with what was initially feared to be a serious leg injury.
However, tests confirmed the leg is not broken but is very badly bruised with suspected ligament damage.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “He has now left hospital to continue his recovery at home and would like to pass on his thanks to all the members of the public who stopped to assist him.”
Following a search of the area two teenagers, both from Beccles, were arrested.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
The first, an 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm; dangerous driving; drug-driving; failing to stop for police; driving without insurance; driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence; no MOT; and possession of a Class B or C drugs.
The second, a 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving; drug-driving; failing to stop for police; and possession of a Class B or C drug.
Both were taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and have been released under investigation pending further enquires.
Any witnesses to this incident are asked to contact the PHQ Roads Policing Team on 101 quoting reference 29172/18.