Live theatre set to return to venue
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Live theatre will return to The Cut in Halesworth next month.
The first live show to be held since lockdown will see community theatre company Open Space present Anton Chekhov’s comic masterpiece, The Bear.
The Cut has been successfully running cinema events on Wednesday evenings and the building and staff are used to socially distanced audiences.
But this will be the first theatre performance since lockdown – and they’re looking forward to seeing the building used for live events.
David Green, Open Space artistic director, said: “We’re keen to demonstrate that live theatre is possible, and can be acceptably safe.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope audiences will feel comfortable and safe in coming back to the theatre and we wanted to support venues.”
The Bear is a one act comedy that visits The Cut on Friday, November 13 and Saturday, November 14 at 7.30pm.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 6 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
The show will last an hour with no interval.
Tickets cost £12/£9.50, with booking essential via www.newcut.org/events