Live theatre set to return to venue
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Live theatre will return to The Cut in Halesworth next month.
The first live show to be held since lockdown will see community theatre company Open Space present Anton Chekhov’s comic masterpiece, The Bear.
The Cut has been successfully running cinema events on Wednesday evenings and the building and staff are used to socially distanced audiences.
But this will be the first theatre performance since lockdown – and they’re looking forward to seeing the building used for live events.
David Green, Open Space artistic director, said: “We’re keen to demonstrate that live theatre is possible, and can be acceptably safe.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope audiences will feel comfortable and safe in coming back to the theatre and we wanted to support venues.”
The Bear is a one act comedy that visits The Cut on Friday, November 13 and Saturday, November 14 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 3 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 4 Liquid thrown on man interrupting catalytic converter thefts
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Latitude 2021 is 'really happening'
- 10 Man banned from driving after 'aggressive' action on A47 causes multiple crashes
The show will last an hour with no interval.
Tickets cost £12/£9.50, with booking essential via www.newcut.org/events