Live theatre set to return to venue
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Live theatre will return to The Cut in Halesworth next month.
The first live show to be held since lockdown will see community theatre company Open Space present Anton Chekhov’s comic masterpiece, The Bear.
The Cut has been successfully running cinema events on Wednesday evenings and the building and staff are used to socially distanced audiences.
But this will be the first theatre performance since lockdown – and they’re looking forward to seeing the building used for live events.
David Green, Open Space artistic director, said: “We’re keen to demonstrate that live theatre is possible, and can be acceptably safe.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope audiences will feel comfortable and safe in coming back to the theatre and we wanted to support venues.”
The Bear is a one act comedy that visits The Cut on Friday, November 13 and Saturday, November 14 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
The show will last an hour with no interval.
Tickets cost £12/£9.50, with booking essential via www.newcut.org/events