Restaurant listed in prestigious food guide for ninth year in a row
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a Bungay restaurant is celebrating after being included in a prestigious food guide for the ninth year in a row.
The Castle Inn, in Earsham Street, has once again been listed in the Michelin Guide - Eating Out in Pubs Guide.
The restaurant was first included in 2010 and has remained a firm fixture ever since.
Michelin Guide inspectors visited restaurants without warning to assess the quality of food, decor, atmosphere and value.
Owner Mark Hougham said he was “proud” to receive the latest accolade.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hougham said: “We were one of the first restaurants in the Waveney Valley to promote local suppliers.
“The local and seasonal movement has now gone from strength to strength.”
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
Mr Hougham has owned and run the restaurant since 2007 but the inn itself has been part of the Bungay social experience since 1566.
For more information on the restaurant visit: www.thecastleinn.net