Restaurant listed in prestigious food guide for ninth year in a row
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a Bungay restaurant is celebrating after being included in a prestigious food guide for the ninth year in a row.
The Castle Inn, in Earsham Street, has once again been listed in the Michelin Guide - Eating Out in Pubs Guide.
The restaurant was first included in 2010 and has remained a firm fixture ever since.
Michelin Guide inspectors visited restaurants without warning to assess the quality of food, decor, atmosphere and value.
Owner Mark Hougham said he was “proud” to receive the latest accolade.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hougham said: “We were one of the first restaurants in the Waveney Valley to promote local suppliers.
“The local and seasonal movement has now gone from strength to strength.”
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
Mr Hougham has owned and run the restaurant since 2007 but the inn itself has been part of the Bungay social experience since 1566.
For more information on the restaurant visit: www.thecastleinn.net