Restaurant listed in prestigious food guide for ninth year in a row
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a Bungay restaurant is celebrating after being included in a prestigious food guide for the ninth year in a row.
The Castle Inn, in Earsham Street, has once again been listed in the Michelin Guide - Eating Out in Pubs Guide.
The restaurant was first included in 2010 and has remained a firm fixture ever since.
Michelin Guide inspectors visited restaurants without warning to assess the quality of food, decor, atmosphere and value.
Owner Mark Hougham said he was “proud” to receive the latest accolade.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hougham said: “We were one of the first restaurants in the Waveney Valley to promote local suppliers.
“The local and seasonal movement has now gone from strength to strength.”
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 6 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 10 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
Mr Hougham has owned and run the restaurant since 2007 but the inn itself has been part of the Bungay social experience since 1566.
For more information on the restaurant visit: www.thecastleinn.net