The countdown to the Beccles Food and Drink Festival is on
- Credit: Archant
Beccles’ first food and drink festival is fast approaching and organisers are encouraging people to come and support the event which aims to highlight the food champions of the town and surrounding area.
More than 40 stalls showcasing a variety of locally produced food and drink, including ice cream, cheese, bread, jams and cider will be set up around the town for people to try tasters and buy products.
A cake competition will also be held and is open to anyone who thinks they can create a ‘Beccles cake’ which best represents the town. People are asked to bring two cakes - one for the judges to try and one for photographs - a recipe card and method for baking the cake to St Michael’s Church by 12pm.
The winner will have their cake produced by Twyfords Cafe for a year.
“It’s a family day and one all generations can enjoy,” said Lucy Coote, one of the festival organisers. “We are really lucky to have so many amazing food producers and this day is about championing them.”
You may also want to watch:
The event on Saturday, May 30 starts at 10am. There will be free parking at the Quay with people able to get a free horse drawn carriage up to the town centre.
A map will be issued to guide people around the town so all the producers can be visited, sampled and bought, with businesses including Stoke Sauces, The Norfolk Truffle Company and Clinks Care Farm attending.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 4 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 5 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 6 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 7 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 10 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead