Russian drama students descend on Bungay to learn English
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from a Russian language school will learn English through drama at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay.
Russian students will communicate with Bungay residents through drama, song and dance as they fine tune their English skills.
The pupils from Voronezh, in Russia will arrive at the Fishers Theatre on April 4.
Members of the Fisher Youth Theatre Group will participate alongside the students in the week-long course.
The course will be central around the theme connection and leaders will teach activities in drama, movement and dance, musical theatre and documentary style theatre.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the Fisher Theatre said: “All those taking part are asked to offer a home stay to a Russian student if possible, which gives a discount on the course fee. The home stay needs to provide a bed and breakfast to their guest.
“With our connections with Europe in flux, working together to learn about each other’s countries is one way we can keep the channels open.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
Contact Laila France, from the theatre for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.