The Undertones set for festival
GIG in the Park has announced another bumper collection of headline acts for this year's event.Held in Halesworth's Town Park between August 6 and 8, punk legends The Undertones, classic band Showaddywaddy and the popular local Lee Vasey Band all top the bill.
GIG in the Park has announced another bumper collection of headline acts for this year's event.
Held in Halesworth's Town Park between August 6 and 8, punk legends The Undertones, classic band Showaddywaddy and the popular local Lee Vasey Band all top the bill.
The Undertones formed in 1978 and were championed by the late John Peel. Their hits include the anthem Teenage Kicks, My Perfect Cousin and Jimmy Jimmy.
They are still in demand as a touring act and look set to be a big draw.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting them on the Saturday night will be Swedish banjo punk queens Baskery, a new act that are already making waves in the music industry and have already gained a slot at this year's Glastonbury Festival.
Jon Allen will also be returning by public demand following his performance at last year's Gig in the Park.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?
The Friday night will be headlined by the legendary Showaddywaddy.
Formed in 1973 and boosting 10 top ten singles, including Under the Moon, they need no introduction. The first evening will also feature the ever popular Amplifier project showcase, featuring young musicians from the local area.
Lee Vasey and his big band make a welcome return to round off the proceedings on Sunday night, bringing the soundtrack of your life from the last three decades to get the park dancing.
Support on Sunday is from Bungay blues act Hot or Wot.
As usual there will be a full supporting bill of bands, both national and local acts over three stages over the three days and of course the usual real ale bar and food from around the globe.
For all of the latest festival information visit www.giginthepark.co.uk.