The Undertones set for festival
GIG in the Park has announced another bumper collection of headline acts for this year's event.Held in Halesworth's Town Park between August 6 and 8, punk legends The Undertones, classic band Showaddywaddy and the popular local Lee Vasey Band all top the bill.
GIG in the Park has announced another bumper collection of headline acts for this year's event.
Held in Halesworth's Town Park between August 6 and 8, punk legends The Undertones, classic band Showaddywaddy and the popular local Lee Vasey Band all top the bill.
The Undertones formed in 1978 and were championed by the late John Peel. Their hits include the anthem Teenage Kicks, My Perfect Cousin and Jimmy Jimmy.
They are still in demand as a touring act and look set to be a big draw.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting them on the Saturday night will be Swedish banjo punk queens Baskery, a new act that are already making waves in the music industry and have already gained a slot at this year's Glastonbury Festival.
Jon Allen will also be returning by public demand following his performance at last year's Gig in the Park.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 7 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 10 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
The Friday night will be headlined by the legendary Showaddywaddy.
Formed in 1973 and boosting 10 top ten singles, including Under the Moon, they need no introduction. The first evening will also feature the ever popular Amplifier project showcase, featuring young musicians from the local area.
Lee Vasey and his big band make a welcome return to round off the proceedings on Sunday night, bringing the soundtrack of your life from the last three decades to get the park dancing.
Support on Sunday is from Bungay blues act Hot or Wot.
As usual there will be a full supporting bill of bands, both national and local acts over three stages over the three days and of course the usual real ale bar and food from around the globe.
For all of the latest festival information visit www.giginthepark.co.uk.