The Undertones set for festival
GIG in the Park has announced another bumper collection of headline acts for this year's event.Held in Halesworth's Town Park between August 6 and 8, punk legends The Undertones, classic band Showaddywaddy and the popular local Lee Vasey Band all top the bill.
GIG in the Park has announced another bumper collection of headline acts for this year's event.
Held in Halesworth's Town Park between August 6 and 8, punk legends The Undertones, classic band Showaddywaddy and the popular local Lee Vasey Band all top the bill.
The Undertones formed in 1978 and were championed by the late John Peel. Their hits include the anthem Teenage Kicks, My Perfect Cousin and Jimmy Jimmy.
They are still in demand as a touring act and look set to be a big draw.
You may also want to watch:
Supporting them on the Saturday night will be Swedish banjo punk queens Baskery, a new act that are already making waves in the music industry and have already gained a slot at this year's Glastonbury Festival.
Jon Allen will also be returning by public demand following his performance at last year's Gig in the Park.
- 1 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 2 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
The Friday night will be headlined by the legendary Showaddywaddy.
Formed in 1973 and boosting 10 top ten singles, including Under the Moon, they need no introduction. The first evening will also feature the ever popular Amplifier project showcase, featuring young musicians from the local area.
Lee Vasey and his big band make a welcome return to round off the proceedings on Sunday night, bringing the soundtrack of your life from the last three decades to get the park dancing.
Support on Sunday is from Bungay blues act Hot or Wot.
As usual there will be a full supporting bill of bands, both national and local acts over three stages over the three days and of course the usual real ale bar and food from around the globe.
For all of the latest festival information visit www.giginthepark.co.uk.