Host of activities promoting fitness and healthy eating to be staged during Easter half-term
- Credit: EDP pics © 2003
A series of half-term activities encouraging fitness and healthy eating among children will be staged this Easter.
The Venue, at Sir John Leman High School, in Ringsfield Road, Beccles, will showcase a variety of fun activities from Tuesday April 3 to Thursday, April, 12.
A spokesman for the school said: “The Venue is once again encouraging children to get fit and healthy through the holidays.
“Whilst we can’t promise there won’t be any chocolate involved the Healthy Eating cookery sessions are being held following the success of last summer’s cookery school.
They added: “The programme aims to provide something for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“It helps younger, primary aged children, become familiar with the high school campus and facilities ahead of them starting at what can be a dauntingly large school as well as promoting the benefits of staying active and preparing healthier meals.”
Children can also engage in activities such as trampolining, archery and arts and crafts throughout the two weeks.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
For more information call 01502 713223