Host of activities promoting fitness and healthy eating to be staged during Easter half-term
- Credit: EDP pics © 2003
A series of half-term activities encouraging fitness and healthy eating among children will be staged this Easter.
The Venue, at Sir John Leman High School, in Ringsfield Road, Beccles, will showcase a variety of fun activities from Tuesday April 3 to Thursday, April, 12.
A spokesman for the school said: “The Venue is once again encouraging children to get fit and healthy through the holidays.
“Whilst we can’t promise there won’t be any chocolate involved the Healthy Eating cookery sessions are being held following the success of last summer’s cookery school.
They added: “The programme aims to provide something for everyone.
“It helps younger, primary aged children, become familiar with the high school campus and facilities ahead of them starting at what can be a dauntingly large school as well as promoting the benefits of staying active and preparing healthier meals.”
Children can also engage in activities such as trampolining, archery and arts and crafts throughout the two weeks.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 6 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 7 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 8 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 9 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 10 MP calls for investment for east coast rail lines
For more information call 01502 713223