Theatre group donates funds to Bungay library
- Credit: Archant
Following their latest production, Bungay Theatre Group have donated profits from the show to Bungay Community Library.
Members of the group visited the library on June 17 to hand over a cheque for £400 to trustees of the library’s friends group.
Receiving the cheque, Simon Woods, friends group, thanked the performers for their generosity and support.
The cheque presentation took place at the start of a Jo Cox Great Get Together coffee and cake event held in the library garden.
The event, attended by Waveney MP Peter Aldous and Bungay mayor Mary Matthews, was organised by the volunteers who maintain the area.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised £280 which will be split between the Jo Cox Foundation and the upkeep of the garden.
The Friends of Bungay Community Library would like to thank members and supporters of the theatre group, the library garden volunteers and all who supported the Jo Cox event.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside