Theatre group donates funds to Bungay library
- Credit: Archant
Following their latest production, Bungay Theatre Group have donated profits from the show to Bungay Community Library.
Members of the group visited the library on June 17 to hand over a cheque for £400 to trustees of the library’s friends group.
Receiving the cheque, Simon Woods, friends group, thanked the performers for their generosity and support.
The cheque presentation took place at the start of a Jo Cox Great Get Together coffee and cake event held in the library garden.
The event, attended by Waveney MP Peter Aldous and Bungay mayor Mary Matthews, was organised by the volunteers who maintain the area.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised £280 which will be split between the Jo Cox Foundation and the upkeep of the garden.
The Friends of Bungay Community Library would like to thank members and supporters of the theatre group, the library garden volunteers and all who supported the Jo Cox event.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day