Theatre group donates funds to Bungay library
- Credit: Archant
Following their latest production, Bungay Theatre Group have donated profits from the show to Bungay Community Library.
Members of the group visited the library on June 17 to hand over a cheque for £400 to trustees of the library’s friends group.
Receiving the cheque, Simon Woods, friends group, thanked the performers for their generosity and support.
The cheque presentation took place at the start of a Jo Cox Great Get Together coffee and cake event held in the library garden.
The event, attended by Waveney MP Peter Aldous and Bungay mayor Mary Matthews, was organised by the volunteers who maintain the area.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised £280 which will be split between the Jo Cox Foundation and the upkeep of the garden.
The Friends of Bungay Community Library would like to thank members and supporters of the theatre group, the library garden volunteers and all who supported the Jo Cox event.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 10 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'