Theatre group donates funds to Bungay library
- Credit: Archant
Following their latest production, Bungay Theatre Group have donated profits from the show to Bungay Community Library.
Members of the group visited the library on June 17 to hand over a cheque for £400 to trustees of the library’s friends group.
Receiving the cheque, Simon Woods, friends group, thanked the performers for their generosity and support.
The cheque presentation took place at the start of a Jo Cox Great Get Together coffee and cake event held in the library garden.
The event, attended by Waveney MP Peter Aldous and Bungay mayor Mary Matthews, was organised by the volunteers who maintain the area.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised £280 which will be split between the Jo Cox Foundation and the upkeep of the garden.
The Friends of Bungay Community Library would like to thank members and supporters of the theatre group, the library garden volunteers and all who supported the Jo Cox event.
- 1 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 2 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 3 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 7 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 8 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 9 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 10 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price