Theatre hosts first wedding
THE first wedding ceremony in the 181-year history of the Fisher Theatre in Bungay took place last week.The Theatre was granted a licence as a public venue for marriages, civil partnerships, child naming and renewal of vows in January this year.
THE first wedding ceremony in the 181-year history of the Fisher Theatre in Bungay took place last week.
The Theatre was granted a licence as a public venue for marriages, civil partnerships, child naming and renewal of vows in January this year.
And on Thursday, July 30 it became the first Theatre in East Anglia to hold a wedding when Irene Miller and David Nesbitt, both of Bungay, were married in the Gallery.
The couple, who are both Friends of the Theatre, made their vows in front of an intimate gathering of family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Les Hoare, marketing manager at the Fisher Theatre, said: “We were absolutely delighted when Irene and David decided to hold their wedding ceremony at the Fisher and we wish them every happiness for the future.
“Although we have a number of weddings booked, Irene and David's was our first and we are all thrilled to have played a small part in their very special day. I wonder what David Fisher, who built the theatre back in 1828, would think about a wedding ceremony taking place here. I believe he would be proud to see his theatre being used for such occasions as it was in that very spirit he built it, a place for the people to enjoy happy times.”
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 3 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 4 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 5 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 6 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 7 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 10 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
The Bungay Arts and Theatre Society, which runs the Fisher, decided to apply for the license to extend its wide ranging role and to make further use of its space.
The Fisher Theatre reopened two years ago after a period of restoration, and is the fourth oldest working provincial theatre in the country.
Details of weddings at the Fisher Theatre are available from the Box Office or bar or by contacting the Theatre on 01986 895367 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.