Theme park launches Marble Madness ride
- Credit: Archant
The Pleasurewood Hills theme park is hoping for sky high visitor numbers from today thanks to its latest attraction - a new rollercoaster.
From today thrill-seekers can try out Marble Madness, which the park described as a “new exciting family roller coaster that will keep those who ride it on the very edge of their seats”.
The ride incorporates five cars, each carrying up to four passengers along a vibrantly coloured track up to a height of 15 metres, that will propel their passengers – like a marble on a board game – on a journey with sudden drops and sharp turns.
It has a track length of 370 metres, a top speed of 28mph and the potential to have more than 500 thrill-seekers on it per hour.
The launch of Marble Madness now means Pleasurewood Hills has four rollercoasters running at the same time since it opened more than 30 years ago.
Another first for the park will see the Acapulco High Dive Show wow audiences throughout July and August as stunt divers dive up to 25m into a pool that is only 2.8m deep.
Liam Holmes, general manager of Pleasurewood Hills, said: “So far it has been a fantastic season for Pleasurewood Hills and it’s about to get even better with the launch of Marble Madness, which is the first time we’ve ever had four roller coasters on the park, and with the introduction of the amazing new Acapulco High Dive Show which really is a show not to miss.
- 1 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 2 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 5 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 9 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 10 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
“If visitor numbers continue as they have been in 2014, then this could be one of the best years we’ve had on the park in years”.
The other three rollercoasters at the theme park are Wipeout, Enigma and Rattlesnake.
A spokesman for the park said: “Marble Madness is a new and exciting family roller coaster that will keep those who ride it on the very edge of their seat.”
Other big attractions at the park include Hobs Pit, The Jolly Roger drop tower, The Lighthouse children’s tower ride, Pleasurewood Pony Rail, Wave Breaker and Laser Labyrinth
Pleasurewood Hills is open daily from 10am from today to September 3. For further information visit www.pleasurewoodhills.com