Thousands turn out for annual Bungay Garden Street Market
- Credit: Trevor Page
The spring sunshine eventually came out as shoppers flocked to Bungay for a popular annual event.
The Bungay Garden Street Market, which has been running for more than 20 years, saw thousands of people visit the town last Sunday.
Visitors were able to browse through 92 stalls selling food and drink, plants, flowers and other gardening related products.
The market was organised by Bungay Events and Business Association (BEBA), and events co-ordinator Mary Matthews.
She said: “It was an interesting day, I was very nervous in the morning as the heavens opened up.
“But it worked out very well, it was a great day and the sun did come out and we had some warm weather in the end.
“We had a wide range of stalls selling stuff like predatory and exotic plants. There was also a really good turnout and there were no parking problems.”
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 4 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 5 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 6 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 7 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 8 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 9 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 10 Town's biggest antique market of the year set to return this summer
•Have you got a Bungay story? Email email@example.com