Thousands turn out for annual Bungay Garden Street Market
- Credit: Trevor Page
The spring sunshine eventually came out as shoppers flocked to Bungay for a popular annual event.
The Bungay Garden Street Market, which has been running for more than 20 years, saw thousands of people visit the town last Sunday.
Visitors were able to browse through 92 stalls selling food and drink, plants, flowers and other gardening related products.
The market was organised by Bungay Events and Business Association (BEBA), and events co-ordinator Mary Matthews.
She said: “It was an interesting day, I was very nervous in the morning as the heavens opened up.
You may also want to watch:
“But it worked out very well, it was a great day and the sun did come out and we had some warm weather in the end.
“We had a wide range of stalls selling stuff like predatory and exotic plants. There was also a really good turnout and there were no parking problems.”
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 4 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 7 Village pub opens brand new café
- 8 New shop sells items made by people who learnt crafts in lockdown
- 9 Traffic starting to build after crash in Beccles
- 10 Around one in 10 East Suffolk adults remain unvaccinated
•Have you got a Bungay story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org