Thousands turn out for annual Bungay Garden Street Market
- Credit: Trevor Page
The spring sunshine eventually came out as shoppers flocked to Bungay for a popular annual event.
The Bungay Garden Street Market, which has been running for more than 20 years, saw thousands of people visit the town last Sunday.
Visitors were able to browse through 92 stalls selling food and drink, plants, flowers and other gardening related products.
The market was organised by Bungay Events and Business Association (BEBA), and events co-ordinator Mary Matthews.
She said: “It was an interesting day, I was very nervous in the morning as the heavens opened up.
You may also want to watch:
“But it worked out very well, it was a great day and the sun did come out and we had some warm weather in the end.
“We had a wide range of stalls selling stuff like predatory and exotic plants. There was also a really good turnout and there were no parking problems.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
•Have you got a Bungay story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org