Car bursts into flames after three-car collision on A12
- Credit: Photo: @zealclean on Twitter
Three cars were involved in a collision in which a vehicle burst into flames on the A12.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to a the A12 at Blythburgh at 11.49am on Saturday and stayed at the scene for nearly two hours.
A spokesperson for the service said one unit from Halesworth was called to assist police after a road traffic collision on the A12 which led to one car going up in flames.
After dealing with the fire, the unit from Halesworth fire station stayed on scene to assist the ambulance and other emergency services with healthcare.
The road was blocked in both directions following a separate collision.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the incidents occurred between the Thorington turn off and Priory Road.
Drivers reported delays, and Suffolk police asked drivers to avoid the area.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 4 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 9 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
The fire brigade left the scene at 1.21pm.