Car bursts into flames after three-car collision on A12
- Credit: Photo: @zealclean on Twitter
Three cars were involved in a collision in which a vehicle burst into flames on the A12.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to a the A12 at Blythburgh at 11.49am on Saturday and stayed at the scene for nearly two hours.
A spokesperson for the service said one unit from Halesworth was called to assist police after a road traffic collision on the A12 which led to one car going up in flames.
After dealing with the fire, the unit from Halesworth fire station stayed on scene to assist the ambulance and other emergency services with healthcare.
The road was blocked in both directions following a separate collision.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the incidents occurred between the Thorington turn off and Priory Road.
Drivers reported delays, and Suffolk police asked drivers to avoid the area.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
The fire brigade left the scene at 1.21pm.