Car bursts into flames after three-car collision on A12
- Credit: Photo: @zealclean on Twitter
Three cars were involved in a collision in which a vehicle burst into flames on the A12.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to a the A12 at Blythburgh at 11.49am on Saturday and stayed at the scene for nearly two hours.
A spokesperson for the service said one unit from Halesworth was called to assist police after a road traffic collision on the A12 which led to one car going up in flames.
After dealing with the fire, the unit from Halesworth fire station stayed on scene to assist the ambulance and other emergency services with healthcare.
The road was blocked in both directions following a separate collision.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the incidents occurred between the Thorington turn off and Priory Road.
Drivers reported delays, and Suffolk police asked drivers to avoid the area.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
The fire brigade left the scene at 1.21pm.