Car bursts into flames after three-car collision on A12
- Credit: Photo: @zealclean on Twitter
Three cars were involved in a collision in which a vehicle burst into flames on the A12.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to a the A12 at Blythburgh at 11.49am on Saturday and stayed at the scene for nearly two hours.
A spokesperson for the service said one unit from Halesworth was called to assist police after a road traffic collision on the A12 which led to one car going up in flames.
After dealing with the fire, the unit from Halesworth fire station stayed on scene to assist the ambulance and other emergency services with healthcare.
The road was blocked in both directions following a separate collision.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the incidents occurred between the Thorington turn off and Priory Road.
Drivers reported delays, and Suffolk police asked drivers to avoid the area.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 9 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
The fire brigade left the scene at 1.21pm.