Three cities cycle ride for MS charity
- Credit: Archant
TWO women from south Norfolk are taking part in a sponsored cycle ride which involves visiting three cities in separate countries.
Doris Lambert and her neice Lucy Hanner, of Denton, set off on their marathon journey on Wednesday.
By the time they cycle into Brussels tomorrow the intrepid duo will have covered in the region of 400 miles.
However, when Mrs Lambert was preparing for the fund-raising effort she believed she would be staying much closer to home.
“I was discussing with my friend, who had recently been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, how we could raise money to help a MS charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We thought of doing the three cities challenge as it would be between Norwich, Ipswich and Cambridge.
“It was only later we realised the cities involved in the challenge were London, Amsterdam and Brussels.”
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen during early morning theft in Ellough
Because of the distance involved, Mrs Lambert’s friend was advised by her doctor not to take part.
Still determined to raise funds for the charity Mrs Lambert was delighted when her neice said she would take part with her.
“Lucy and I have been training very hard and most weekends for the past few months have been taking part in cycle rides of about 60 miles.
“We were not keen cyclists before accepting this challenge but it is something we both enjoy now,” said Mrs Lambert.
The first stage of the journey was a 90-mile trip from Stratford to Harwich on Wednesday.
After crossing the North Sea the second day involved a 66-mile journey from the port to Amsterdam.
This was followed by a journey from the Dutch capital to Belgium.
The final part of the journey, due to be completed tomorrow, is a 72 mile ride to the finishing point in Brussels.
Before setting off Mrs Lambert was confident they could both complete the journey.
“We know it is not going to be easy but we have prepared and with a little bit of luck will be able to finish the three cities challenge and raise funds for such a deserving cause,” said Mrs Lambert.
• To support Mrs Lambert and Lucy Hanner please visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/dorislambertlucy hanner
• If you are taking part in a fund-raising venture for charity email email@example.com