Tidy Towns onto a winner
THE Tidy Towns campaign is beginning to help make marked improvements in Beccles, Bungay and Halesworth.Since it launched earlier this month, Waveney District Council's cleansing team has been inundated with phone calls to the hotline reporting unwanted fly tipping, litter, graffiti and anti social behaviour.
THE Tidy Towns campaign is beginning to help make marked improvements in Beccles, Bungay and Halesworth.
Since it launched earlier this month, Waveney District Council's cleansing team has been inundated with phone calls to the hotline reporting unwanted fly tipping, litter, graffiti and anti social behaviour.
This week there have been no reports of fly tipping and the new gum targets in Beccles and Bungay are continuing to work well.
However Mike Daniels, cleansing service manager for Waveney Norse said the team had been battling against the elements to keep the towns tidy of leaves.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The team has been very busy tidying leaf fall this week. Over four tonnes of leaves have been removed from Beccles, Bungay and the surrounding areas. The high winds and driving rain have made the job very difficult. As quickly as the crews clear an area of leaves, the wind and rain bring down more, but we are keeping on top of the situation.
“We are getting some reports of littering, but this is mainly due to the wind blowing waste from people's bins or bins blowing over. We would ask you to please make sure your bin lids are closed tightly and you bin is stored safely and securely, especially during adverse weather conditions.”
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
If you have concerns over slippery leaves or an abundance of them telephone the Tidy Towns hotline on 01502 527158 and report it.
We want to hear from you.
We want to find some enthusiastic volunteers to organise community litter picks. The council will provide all the equipment and remove all the waste after you've finished, all you have to do is send The Journal a picture of your black spot before and after, and tell us what you've found.
Equally if you see some furniture dumped, litter strewn across your street, or you're aware of an area that is constantly abused, take a picture and send it to us.
To report an issue, or organise a tidy-up, email Mike.Daniels@ncsgrp.co.uk or telephone 01502 527158. Send any details or photographs of your litter picks or black spots to Tidy Towns, 20 Blyburgate, Beccles, NR34 9TB.
Tidy Towns hotline - 01502 527158.