Top awards for Beccles marine company
- Credit: Archant
A north Suffolk marine supplies company is celebrating after winning two awards at the London Boat Show.
Peter Edwards, director and co-founder of ASAP Supplies, based at the Ellough Industrial Estate at Beccles, was presented the prestigious MTA Boating Business Lifetime Achievement award at the Boating Business/Marine Trades Association awards ceremony held at Gaucho in the O2 during the recent show.
Mr Edwards said: “I truly love working in this great industry and have had the opportunity to deal with all marine sectors, as a supplier and have also been involved in various working committees at national level over the years.
“The recognition of any industry award is always something to be treasured, but it was a real surprise to get the prestigious MTA Boating Business Lifetime Achievement Award - I honestly did not have any idea that it was coming my way. It was a shock and I was truly struggling to think of what to say.”
Shaun Wigley, managing director at ASAP Supplies said: “It’s an honour to work with Peter, he truly deserves the award. The ASAP team are delighted that all his hard work over the years has been recognised.”
You may also want to watch:
It all began in 1989 when Peter Edwards and fellow director, Mark Reynolds started a small company.
The company’s philosophy from day one has been to give the best service they could and strive to achieve.
- 1 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
- 2 New day care centre set to open in former Methodist church
- 3 How community groups in Beccles can grab share of £10,000
- 4 More than 150 people enjoy town's first ever Pride event
- 5 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 6 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 Banned motorist admits dangerous driving around town
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Bastille ReOrchestrated, Latitude review: Triumphant end to festival
For the second time in four years ASAP were presented the Sales Growth Achievement 2014 award from the world leaders in fuel filtration – Parker Racor.
“We are very proud to win this fantastic award again,” added Mr Wigley.
Have you got a business story? Email email@example.com