Town gridlocked again after ‘selfish’ parking blunder leaves bus trapped
- Credit: Archant
A town has been gridlocked for the second time in a week after a ‘selfish’ parking blunder prevented a bus from moving.
The 146 Border Bus was stopped early this afternoon, on Tuesday, December 17, by a van which parked over hatching on the road in Beccles.
Just five days ago, the town became gridlocked after a blue badge holder parked on double yellow lines.
Border Bus tweeted about the delays the 'selfish' parking caused, writing: "More selfish parking in Beccles. The hatchings are painted on the road for a reason!
"Apologies to anyone waiting in the rain and cold for a 146 bus that was running late."
You may also want to watch:
Last Wednesday the town saw traffic chaos after another car parked on double yellow lines, jamming a lorry on a corner.
READ MORE: Anger after blue badge holder parks on double yellow lines and gridlocks townThe lorry was reportedly stuck there for at least 45 minutes. It is not known how long the delays caused by the parked van today have caused.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay