Traffic back to normal on A146 following earlier delays
- Credit: Norfolk County Council
Traffic on the A146 has returned to normal after a crash caused major delays this morning.
Norfolk Police were initially called at around 7.40am to reports of a two-vehicle collision at the Hales junction.
Upon arrival at the scene, officers found that a car had been involved in a crash with a van, causing partial blockage to the road and slow traffic in both directions.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service mobilised appliances from Loddon and Carrow to assist police, although no one was trapped in their vehicle.
The East of England Ambulance Service were also in attendance, but there were no serious injuries.
Norfolk Constabulary later confirmed at around 10.15am that the scene has been cleared and traffic has returned to normal in both directions.
Bus operator First Norwich tweeted earlier that the incident had caused major delays to its X2 and X22 services.
- 1 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 2 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 3 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 4 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 5 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 6 Inspirational Emma: “I feel very lucky to be alive”
- 7 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 9 Dinosaur spotted at Beccles Lido as part of Jurassic World film campaign
- 10 When will the Festival of Suffolk torch relay reach Waveney?
Meanwhile, the 146 service operated by Border Bus had been diverting through Poringland to avoid queues, but subsequently tweeted to say that the buses between Norwich, Beccles and Southwold were returning to their normal route.
The A146 Hales junction is infamous for an accident record that makes it the most dangerous junction in Norfolk.
Work is set to get underway on a £1.6m project to improve the safety of the junction, with the addition of a new roundabout among the changes.