Traffic back to normal on A146 following earlier delays
- Credit: Norfolk County Council
Traffic on the A146 has returned to normal after a crash caused major delays this morning.
Norfolk Police were initially called at around 7.40am to reports of a two-vehicle collision at the Hales junction.
Upon arrival at the scene, officers found that a car had been involved in a crash with a van, causing partial blockage to the road and slow traffic in both directions.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service mobilised appliances from Loddon and Carrow to assist police, although no one was trapped in their vehicle.
The East of England Ambulance Service were also in attendance, but there were no serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Constabulary later confirmed at around 10.15am that the scene has been cleared and traffic has returned to normal in both directions.
Bus operator First Norwich tweeted earlier that the incident had caused major delays to its X2 and X22 services.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 10 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
Meanwhile, the 146 service operated by Border Bus had been diverting through Poringland to avoid queues, but subsequently tweeted to say that the buses between Norwich, Beccles and Southwold were returning to their normal route.
The A146 Hales junction is infamous for an accident record that makes it the most dangerous junction in Norfolk.
Work is set to get underway on a £1.6m project to improve the safety of the junction, with the addition of a new roundabout among the changes.