Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- Credit: Highways England
Drivers are reporting problems today after a bridge's traffic lights on a major road have become stuck on red.
The traffic lights on the bascule bridge, on the A47 at Lowestoft, are stuck on red and there are traffic problems on both sides of the road.
The A47 is a major route between Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and Norwich and also joins the A12 for Ipswich.
The first problems were reported at 6.45am.
The AA has posted the following on the traffic news site: "Slow traffic due to traffic signal failure on A47 Waveney Road at A12. Traffic lights are stuck on red. Approach with care."
You may also want to watch:
As well as heavy traffic in the area, local bus services have been impacted.
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 7 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings