Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- Credit: Google Maps
Two busy stretches of road are set to be temporarily closed to allow repairs to be carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays next week as the A12 London Road and the A12 Bloodmoor Road in south Lowestoft are being closed overnight with traffic diverted.
Suffolk County Council's Highways team will be carrying out the works on the A12 London Road from Bloodmoor Road until the Tower Road southern roundabout and on the A12 Bloodmoor Road from the roundabout with Castleton Avenue until London Road.
The roads will be closed for "carriageway resurfacing" for four evenings from 7.30pm on Tuesday, March 2 until 5am the next day with works continuing overnight thereafter between 7.30pm and 5am until Saturday, March 6.
With both roads temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
You may also want to watch:
It states a diversion route of about 41.3km will be in operation throughout the course of the works running from the A12, A145, A146, A1145 and vice versa.
- 1 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 2 Man dies following collision on A12
- 3 'Incredible' artist who illustrated children's characters dies aged 82
- 4 Wetherspoon to reopen beer gardens and patios
- 5 'It's a Norfolk legend' - Backing for community bid to save pub
- 6 Camera club's stunning images showcased in latest competition
- 7 New committee to be formed to manage threatened Suffolk harbour
- 8 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 9 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 10 Early details for summer schools unveiled