Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A stretch of the A12 is set to be closed for a week-and-a-half for roadworks.
Drivers could face delays as parts of the busy A12 London Road are temporarily closed and traffic is diverted next month.
Suffolk Highways said it would be patching up parts of the carriageway between Wrentham, Frostenden and Wangford ahead of putting down a new road surface.
The closure will start on Wednesday, June 16 and last until Friday, June 25, with works taking place between 8pm and 5am each night, apart from weekends.
The works will see the A12 London Road at Wrentham closed from outside Petmarsh Cottages for 880m north eastbound, the A12 London Road at Frostenden will be closed from London Road Wangford to outside Petmarsh Cottages with the A12 London Road at Wangford closed from London Road Frostenden to outside Mill House.
You may also want to watch:
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the works are carried out.
A diversion route along the A12, A145, A146, A1145, A12 and vice versa will be in operation.
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays via the Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 4 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 5 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 6 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
- 7 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 8 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 9 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 10 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month