Air ambulance called to serious two-vehicle collision on A144
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
The A144 near Halesworth has reopened after an air ambulance was called to a serious collision between two vehicles on Sunday evening.
Officers from Suffolk police received reports of the incident at Stone Street, north of the town, at around 9.40pm last night.
An ambulance and fire crews were also called to the scene.
The conditions of the motorists involved in the collision are not known at this time.
A police spokesman confirmed the road remained closed in both directions for several hours after the incident, but it reopened later in the morning.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses to the collision to come forward, quoting CAD 346 of August 15.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion