Fallen telegraph pole blocks road
- Credit: Google Maps
An East Suffolk road, close to the A12, is set to be closed this morning after a telegraph pole fell down and blocked the road.
The A144 in Bramfield, near Halesworth, is to be closed by Suffolk police after the carriageway became blocked by the damaged pole.
The road is blocked between Low Road and Edwards Lane.
Motorists are being advised to take an alternative route.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said it was not clear how it had become damaged but said that Suffolk Highways were on route to the scene,as well as UK Power Networks.
A Met Office yellow-level warning came into force at 9pm last night, which will remain in place until 3pm this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Damaged power lines are already causing problems elsewhere in Suffolk.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47