Stretch of A47 set for week long overnight closures
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned to expect delays as a stretch of a busy road is closed overnight all this week.
Traffic will be diverted as the work is carried out on the A47 Yarmouth Road in Lowestoft.
With Highways England carrying out the work between 8pm and 6am each day diversions will be in place from Monday, October 19 to October 23.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, “delays are likely” while the work is carried out.
It states that the work is to be carried out on both directions of the A47, with the “A47 Yarmouth Road northbound and southbound carriageway closure.”
You may also want to watch:
Work starts at 8pm on Monday, October 19 until 6am on October 20, and then continues each night from 8pm to 6am, until Friday, October 23.
It adds: “A47 Yarmouth Road, Lowestoft – carrigeway closure due to inspection survey on behalf of Highways England.”
Keep up to date with the latest delays with the Live Traffic Map on our website.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft