Delays expected as 37-ton boat to be transported along A47
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Drivers are being warned to expect delays on some of the county’s major roads this week as an abnormal load is transported through Norfolk.
A boat weighing more than 37 tons will be moved from Lowestoft Marina to the Cambridgeshire border on Thursday, June 4.
The boat is 22 metres long and 4.8m wide, and is scheduled to begin its journey at 10am.
It will first move along local roads before joining the B1531 and then the A1117.
It will then travel on the A146, later joining the A143 before moving back onto the A146 heading towards Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The abnormal load will then travel along the A47 until it reaches the Cambridgeshire border.
Norfolk Police have advised motorists to expect delays if travelling along any of these roads on Thursday.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft