Bridge to be closed overnight with traffic diverted
- Credit: Google Images
A road will be closed temporarily with traffic diverted as work is carried out on a bridge.
Suffolk Highways will be carrying out overnight maintenance works on Bridge Street, Beccles between December 21 and December 23.
With the work being carried out to Beccles Bridge over two nights, it means that in order for the repairs and inspections to take place, Bridge Street will be closed temporarily from 8pm each evening until 6am the following morning.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, “delays are likely” while the work is carried out.
It states: "Bridge Street closed at Beccles Bridge for 10 metres eastbound and 10 metres westbound.
"Overnight closures to carry out maintenance works and principal inspection to Beccles Bridge."
It adds that with the carriageway to be closed, the footway will remain open to pedestrians.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 6 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 10 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
An eastbound diversion route and westbound diversion route will be in operation