Busy road set to be closed once more with traffic diverted
- Credit: Google Images
A busy road is set to be temporarily closed for the second time in a month to allow work to be carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays this week as Corton Long Lane in north Lowestoft is to be closed with traffic diverted.
Essex And Suffolk Water will be carrying out the works on Corton Long Lane with the road closed from December 8 to December 10.
With the road temporarily closed and traffic restrictions in place “delays are likely” while the work is carried out, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It states that the work is taking place outside 5 Corton Long Lane to “connect new main" among associated works.
A diversion route of 6.5km will be in operation throughout the course of the works.
This latest road closure comes after Essex And Suffolk Water carried out repair works to "dig out defect in carriageway” on Corton Long Lane between November 17 to November 19.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 5 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 6 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 7 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom