Crash between car and scooter on busy Norfolk road
- Credit: Glen Denny/Geograph
An air ambulance was called to the scene of a collision between a car and a scooter on the A143.
Norfolk Police responded to a call shortly after 6pm on Tuesday to an incident near the Ellingham and Ditchingham turn of the A143.
Further emergency services attended the scene on Old Yarmouth Road including the fire service and air ambulance, which was partially blocked.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "The air ambulance attended for the scooter rider but there does not look to be any serious injuries. The road was blocked but is passable now.
"There will be traffic congestion until we get the vehicles recovered."
Officers remained on the scene while the vehicles were recovered.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent one fire engine from Loddon to the collision at 6.10pm.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 8 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 9 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
A fire service spokesman said crews used granules due to a fuel spill and helped make the scene safe before leaving the scene at 6.24pm.
Traffic travelling between Great Yarmouth and Bury St Edmunds was affected due to the road being blocked.