Where to get the cheapest fuel in Suffolk as prices stay high
- Credit: PA
Drivers are continuing to feel the squeeze at fuel stations as prices remain near record highs – so where are the cheapest places to fill up in Suffolk?
Just 10% of more than 4,500 UK forecourts are charging a fair price for petrol and diesel, according to new figures from the RAC.
The breakdown assistance firm believes retailers should be charging nearer to 174p for a litre of unleaded in response to wholesale prices that have fallen in recent weeks.
But the latest prices have shown the majority of Suffolk stations are still charging between 180p and 190p per litre of petrol.
The PetrolPrices app has collated the cost of fuel at a number of forecourts – here are some of the cheapest prices reported in Suffolk towns over the past 48 hours.
Asda, Stoke Park Drive
- 1 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 2 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 3 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 4 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 5 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
- 6 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 7 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 10 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
Morrisons, Grange Farm Avenue
Gulf, Melton Road
Bury St Edmunds
Esso, Fornham Road
Tesco, Fordham Road
Sainsbury's, Great Cornard Road
Tesco, Yarmouth Road