Train services disrupted with ‘some lines blocked’ after points failure
- Credit: Archant
Commuters are facing early morning disruption after some rail services were cancelled.
A points failure at Halesworth has meant that “some lines are blocked,” according to Greater Anglia.
The 9.07am Lowestoft to Ipswich train service and the 9.48am Lowestoft to Norwich train service are both cancelled due to a points failure.
A statement on the Greater Anglia website said: “Due to a points failure at Halesworth some lines are blocked.
“Owing to a fault with the points at Halesworth, which has made it impossible for trains to run beyond Halesworth, train service is currently disrupted on this route.
You may also want to watch:
“Network Rail engineers are aware and trying to fix the fault as soon as possible.
“Train services running through this station may be cancelled, delayed or revised.”
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 5 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 6 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 7 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
According to Greater Anglia, disruption is expected until 10am.
“Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption,” it added.
Visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/ for further details.