Road temporarily closed following crash between car and van
- Credit: Archant
A busy road had to be temporarily closed after a crash between a car and a van.
Police were called out about 12.05pm on Tuesday, October 20 following reports of a two vehicle collision in Carlton Colville, Lowestoft.
A police spokesman said they responded following “a road traffic collision at Carlton Colville, near to the Bloodmoor roundabout, involving a van and Suzuki Swift.”
With Bloodmoor Road initially blocked as officers arrived at the scene, there was reports of traffic delays in Stradbroke Road, Pakefield.
The East of England Ambulance Service were called, but paramedics were stood down.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman added: “One driver will take themselves to hospital.”
Recovery vehicles were called to the scene as Bloodmoor Road was closed temporarily.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
The road was reopened at 1.10pm.
Keep up to date with the latest delays via the Live Traffic Map on our website.