Drivers face diversions with overnight closure of A47 bridge in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Drivers could face disruption as repair works are set to take place overnight on a busy bridge.
National Highways will be carrying out maintenance works to the A47 Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft.
The bridge will be closed overnight from 8pm on Monday, November 15 until 6am on Tuesday, November 16.
Two diversion routes will be in operation and with the closure in place delays are likely, according to the Suffolk Roadworks map.
It said: "A47 northbound and southbound Bascule Bridge, Lowestoft - carriageway closure and diversion route due to maintenance works on behalf of Ringway."
Diversion routes of 7.3km and 6.7km will be in operation for the overnight works.
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closure.
- 1 Sadness as popular country market to close after 40 years
- 2 Popular Christmas street market attracts hundreds
- 3 Search continues for man who assaulted and robbed woman
- 4 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 5 Time to vote for the Journal awards finalists
- 6 Is this your dog? Police look to reunite Labrador with owner
- 7 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 8 Garage forced open with mountain bikes stolen during burglary
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
A post on the First bus website said: "Our services will be diverted via Oulton Broad in both directions."
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.