Road closure in place for resurfacing works
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to expect delays as a busy road is closed with traffic diverted for resurfacing works.
It comes as the Suffolk County Council’s highways team carries out “carriageway resurfacing” works on St Margaret’s Road in Lowestoft.
The work is set to be carried out between Thursday, August 13 and Tuesday, August 18.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, “delays are likely” while the road closure is in place and work is carried out.
It states that the work will be taking place on St Margaret’s Road, Lowestoft “from Oulton Road/Church Road until Somerton Avenue.”
You may also want to watch:
It says the “carriageway resurfacing” works will take place between 9am and 4.30pm from August 13 to August 18 with no weekend working.
Traffic will be diverted via the B1074, the A1117, the A47, Park Road, St Margaret’s Road and vice versa.
You can keep up to date with delays by viewing the Live Traffic Map on our website.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft