Traffic to be diverted with road in Beccles to close for a week
- Credit: Google Images
Drivers are being warned of possible delays as a road is closed and traffic diverted for a week.
Suffolk Highways will temporarily close Blyburgate in Beccles as UK Power Networks carries out work on a section of the road.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is being carried out from August 23 to August 27.
A diversion route of about 1km will be in operation as a section of the road is closed "to allow for a new electrical connection to be made".
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closure.
A post on the First bus website said: "For services operating from Lowestoft, all journeys will follow usual route to Ingate/Blyburgate lights at which point the services will divert via Peddars Lane and London Road to resume the usual route at the top of the road where it meets Blyburgate."
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.
- 1 'He would be proud' - Son of Covid victim now working in jab centre
- 2 Man finds eggs missing from chicken coop
- 3 Town's rotary club helps replenish primary school's book stock
- 4 Popular folk duo set for return to town's theatre
- 5 Investigations continue after objects thrown at driver by woman
- 6 Exciting new comedy club launches at town's theatre
- 7 Case closed after parked vehicles have tyres punctured
- 8 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 9 Warning over cold callers claiming to be from home improvements company
- 10 Disabled woman loses nearly 10st in four years after car crash