Traffic to be diverted with road in Beccles to close for a week
- Credit: Google Images
Drivers are being warned of possible delays as a road is closed and traffic diverted for a week.
Suffolk Highways will temporarily close Blyburgate in Beccles as UK Power Networks carries out work on a section of the road.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is being carried out from August 23 to August 27.
A diversion route of about 1km will be in operation as a section of the road is closed "to allow for a new electrical connection to be made".
Travellers using First Eastern Counties Buses are being warned of the temporary closure.
You may also want to watch:
A post on the First bus website said: "For services operating from Lowestoft, all journeys will follow usual route to Ingate/Blyburgate lights at which point the services will divert via Peddars Lane and London Road to resume the usual route at the top of the road where it meets Blyburgate."
Keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads via the Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 4 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 5 Footbridge connecting coastal towns to reopen after emergency repairs
- 6 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café