Road to close with traffic diverted for bridge works
- Credit: Google Maps
A road is set to be closed temporarily with traffic diverted as work is carried out on a bridge.
Suffolk Highways will be carrying out maintenance works in Ellough, near Beccles, next month.
With the work being carried out to Ellough Hall Bridge, it means that in order for the repairs to take place, Church Road will be closed between February 1 and February 3.
The works will be taking place from the "junction with Hulver Road going south for 110 metres."
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, “delays are likely” while the work is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
It states: "Ellough Hall Bridge, Ellough closed from the junction with Hulver Road for 110 metres southbound for maintenance work to bridge."
It adds: "There may be times where there will be no access through the site for pedestrians/cyclists."
- 1 New lease of life for fire ravaged town centre store
- 2 'Leisure will be back' - Beccles reacts to PM roadmap announcement
- 3 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 4 Bid for £6m so towns and villages can combat flooding
- 5 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 6 Former mayor given honour after 'tireless' efforts to help community
- 7 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 8 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 9 Lockdown Covid breach and vehicles seized on 'busy day of action'
- 10 Woman in her 60s 'pushed' by man after dog altercation
A diversion route will be in operation throughout the works, along Church Road, Jay’s Hill Road, the B1127, Hulver Road, and vice versa.
You can keep up to date with all of the latest delays on the roads on our website via our Live Traffic Map.