‘Void’ in middle of road leads to emergency closure
- Credit: Archant
A road has been closed and traffic diverted as emergency works are carried out.
Motorists are being warned to expect delays as Suffolk Highways has closed Seago Street in Lowestoft after a “void” was found in the middle of the carriageway.
On Thursday, May 28 Suffolk Highways Tweeted: “Due to a void in the centre of the road, an emergency closure has been installed along Seago Street, Lowestoft.
“The road will be closed 24 hours a day until further investigations and repairs are complete.
“Please follow the diversion.”
You may also want to watch:
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, “delays are likely” as the work continues.
The road closure on Seago Street – which is in place from Roman Road until Ethel Road – is likely to be operation until Friday, June 5.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
It states that the emergency works are continuing following discovery of a “Void in centre of carriageway.”
Access to pedestrians and cyclists will be maintained at all times as the overnight works takes place.
A diversion route of 0.2km is in operation as the road is closed.
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.