Turbine fight stepped up
A CAMPAIGN group set up to oppose plans for 12 wind turbines on land near Beccles has launched a website and a telephone hotline.HALT is opposing proposals which could see four groups of three turbines on land in the parishes of Ringsfield, Weston, Barsham and Shipmeadow.
A CAMPAIGN group set up to oppose plans for 12 wind turbines on land near Beccles has launched a website and a telephone hotline.
HALT is opposing proposals which could see four groups of three turbines on land in the parishes of Ringsfield, Weston, Barsham and Shipmeadow.
The turbines are the idea of Beccles mother-of-two Hannah Blowers and would be put up by Stamford Renewables.
Mike Stamford, chief executive of Stamford Renewables, has said a planning application for the scheme is likely to be submitted in July.
HALT chairman Philip Johnson said: “The website has the basic information about the wind turbine proposals and we will be adding more details as the campaign grows. We are about to launch a poster and leaflet campaign in Beccles and the surrounding villages and we are appointing legal, planning and environmental specialists.”
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 7 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 8 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 9 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 10 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
The hotline is 07506 590 200. Callers will be sent an info pack and poster.