Turbine fight stepped up
A CAMPAIGN group set up to oppose plans for 12 wind turbines on land near Beccles has launched a website and a telephone hotline.HALT is opposing proposals which could see four groups of three turbines on land in the parishes of Ringsfield, Weston, Barsham and Shipmeadow.
A CAMPAIGN group set up to oppose plans for 12 wind turbines on land near Beccles has launched a website and a telephone hotline.
HALT is opposing proposals which could see four groups of three turbines on land in the parishes of Ringsfield, Weston, Barsham and Shipmeadow.
The turbines are the idea of Beccles mother-of-two Hannah Blowers and would be put up by Stamford Renewables.
Mike Stamford, chief executive of Stamford Renewables, has said a planning application for the scheme is likely to be submitted in July.
You may also want to watch:
HALT chairman Philip Johnson said: “The website has the basic information about the wind turbine proposals and we will be adding more details as the campaign grows. We are about to launch a poster and leaflet campaign in Beccles and the surrounding villages and we are appointing legal, planning and environmental specialists.”
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 9 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations
- 10 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
The hotline is 07506 590 200. Callers will be sent an info pack and poster.