Turbine fight stepped up
A CAMPAIGN group set up to oppose plans for 12 wind turbines on land near Beccles has launched a website and a telephone hotline.HALT is opposing proposals which could see four groups of three turbines on land in the parishes of Ringsfield, Weston, Barsham and Shipmeadow.
A CAMPAIGN group set up to oppose plans for 12 wind turbines on land near Beccles has launched a website and a telephone hotline.
HALT is opposing proposals which could see four groups of three turbines on land in the parishes of Ringsfield, Weston, Barsham and Shipmeadow.
The turbines are the idea of Beccles mother-of-two Hannah Blowers and would be put up by Stamford Renewables.
Mike Stamford, chief executive of Stamford Renewables, has said a planning application for the scheme is likely to be submitted in July.
You may also want to watch:
HALT chairman Philip Johnson said: “The website has the basic information about the wind turbine proposals and we will be adding more details as the campaign grows. We are about to launch a poster and leaflet campaign in Beccles and the surrounding villages and we are appointing legal, planning and environmental specialists.”
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
The hotline is 07506 590 200. Callers will be sent an info pack and poster.