Turbine fight stepped up
A CAMPAIGN group set up to oppose plans for 12 wind turbines on land near Beccles has launched a website and a telephone hotline.HALT is opposing proposals which could see four groups of three turbines on land in the parishes of Ringsfield, Weston, Barsham and Shipmeadow.
A CAMPAIGN group set up to oppose plans for 12 wind turbines on land near Beccles has launched a website and a telephone hotline.
HALT is opposing proposals which could see four groups of three turbines on land in the parishes of Ringsfield, Weston, Barsham and Shipmeadow.
The turbines are the idea of Beccles mother-of-two Hannah Blowers and would be put up by Stamford Renewables.
Mike Stamford, chief executive of Stamford Renewables, has said a planning application for the scheme is likely to be submitted in July.
You may also want to watch:
HALT chairman Philip Johnson said: “The website has the basic information about the wind turbine proposals and we will be adding more details as the campaign grows. We are about to launch a poster and leaflet campaign in Beccles and the surrounding villages and we are appointing legal, planning and environmental specialists.”
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
The hotline is 07506 590 200. Callers will be sent an info pack and poster.