Two arrested after weapon is brandished outside residential property
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy and a man have been arrested after a weapon was brandished on a residential street.
The offence occurred at 10.25am yesterday, August 8, following reports that a man driving a Vauxhall Astra on Reeves Close, Bungay, had got out of the car made threats towards the occupant of the house before driving off. Both parties are known to each other.
Police officers were immediately sent to the area and located the Astra in Bungay around an hour later. The car was searched and items including a hammer and a baseball bat were seized.
A 17-year-old boy was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon, while a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray. Both were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The 17-year-old has been released under investigation pending further enquiries and the 24-year-old will face no further action at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact Lowestoft Neighbourhood Response Team on 101, quoting reference 44960/18.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney