Two arrested after weapon is brandished outside residential property
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy and a man have been arrested after a weapon was brandished on a residential street.
The offence occurred at 10.25am yesterday, August 8, following reports that a man driving a Vauxhall Astra on Reeves Close, Bungay, had got out of the car made threats towards the occupant of the house before driving off. Both parties are known to each other.
Police officers were immediately sent to the area and located the Astra in Bungay around an hour later. The car was searched and items including a hammer and a baseball bat were seized.
A 17-year-old boy was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon, while a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray. Both were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The 17-year-old has been released under investigation pending further enquiries and the 24-year-old will face no further action at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact Lowestoft Neighbourhood Response Team on 101, quoting reference 44960/18.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47