Two arrested after weapon is brandished outside residential property
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy and a man have been arrested after a weapon was brandished on a residential street.
The offence occurred at 10.25am yesterday, August 8, following reports that a man driving a Vauxhall Astra on Reeves Close, Bungay, had got out of the car made threats towards the occupant of the house before driving off. Both parties are known to each other.
Police officers were immediately sent to the area and located the Astra in Bungay around an hour later. The car was searched and items including a hammer and a baseball bat were seized.
A 17-year-old boy was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon, while a 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray. Both were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The 17-year-old has been released under investigation pending further enquiries and the 24-year-old will face no further action at this time.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact Lowestoft Neighbourhood Response Team on 101, quoting reference 44960/18.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more