Two car collision in centre of Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Two cars were left badly damaged this morning after a collision in the centre of Beccles.
Police responded to the incident which occurred just after 11am in Exchange Square.
A dark grey Volkswagen Polo was in a collision with a red Renault Kadjar which had been parked on the corner of Blyburgate and Hungate.
As a result of the accident the Kadjar’s front right headlight was smashed and the left side of the cars front-bumper left hanging off.
The Polo also suffered severe denting to the driver’s side door.
Maureen Taylor, who manages Pavilion, outside which the crash occurred, commented on the dangers the corner presents.
She said: “With all the cars parked all over the place it’s a very dangerous corner.
- 1 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 2 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 3 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 4 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 5 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
- 6 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 7 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 10 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
“Especially with people nipping out between the cars – you take your life in your hands when crossing the road.”
Do you have a Beccles story? Email email@example.com