Two car collision in centre of Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Two cars were left badly damaged this morning after a collision in the centre of Beccles.
Police responded to the incident which occurred just after 11am in Exchange Square.
A dark grey Volkswagen Polo was in a collision with a red Renault Kadjar which had been parked on the corner of Blyburgate and Hungate.
As a result of the accident the Kadjar’s front right headlight was smashed and the left side of the cars front-bumper left hanging off.
The Polo also suffered severe denting to the driver’s side door.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen Taylor, who manages Pavilion, outside which the crash occurred, commented on the dangers the corner presents.
She said: “With all the cars parked all over the place it’s a very dangerous corner.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 4 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
“Especially with people nipping out between the cars – you take your life in your hands when crossing the road.”
Do you have a Beccles story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org