Two deaths on Norfolk's roads
David Bale Norfolk's roads have claimed the lives of two people this weekend.
Two people have died on Norfolk's roads this weekend.
One person died and another was taken to hospital by helicopter after a road accident in Toft Monks, near Beccles today.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed that one person died in the crash and a motorcyclist suffered serious injuries, and was flown to the Norwich and Norwich University Hospital. The accident is believed to have involved a car and a motorcycle, although early reports said a third vehicle may also have been involved.
You may also want to watch:
It happened at about 11.30am. No further details have yet been released.
Elsewhere, a 73-year-old driver was killed in a two-car crash near North Walsham.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
The man was in a Ford Fusion which overturned at the Westwick Arch crossroads on the North Walsham to Norwich Road.
It was struck, as it emerged from the Swanton Abbott road, by a silver coloured Vauxhall Astra travelling from Norwich at around 6pm on Saturday.
A male passenger in the Fusion suffered head and internal injuries, but police have confirmed the driver had died. Two people in Astra received minor injuries.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who saw the crash, or the manner in which the cars were being driven, as some witnesses had already said the Astra was going at high speed and had overtaken a number of vehicles before the accident.
Any witnesses to either crashes should call Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.