Two deaths on Norfolk's roads
David Bale Norfolk's roads have claimed the lives of two people this weekend.
Two people have died on Norfolk's roads this weekend.
One person died and another was taken to hospital by helicopter after a road accident in Toft Monks, near Beccles today.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service confirmed that one person died in the crash and a motorcyclist suffered serious injuries, and was flown to the Norwich and Norwich University Hospital. The accident is believed to have involved a car and a motorcycle, although early reports said a third vehicle may also have been involved.
You may also want to watch:
It happened at about 11.30am. No further details have yet been released.
Elsewhere, a 73-year-old driver was killed in a two-car crash near North Walsham.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
The man was in a Ford Fusion which overturned at the Westwick Arch crossroads on the North Walsham to Norwich Road.
It was struck, as it emerged from the Swanton Abbott road, by a silver coloured Vauxhall Astra travelling from Norwich at around 6pm on Saturday.
A male passenger in the Fusion suffered head and internal injuries, but police have confirmed the driver had died. Two people in Astra received minor injuries.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who saw the crash, or the manner in which the cars were being driven, as some witnesses had already said the Astra was going at high speed and had overtaken a number of vehicles before the accident.
Any witnesses to either crashes should call Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.