Two seats up for grabs at upcoming Beccles Town Council by-elections
- Credit: Archant © 2008
Candidates are preparing for an upcoming by-election over two vacant seats on Beccles Town Council.
A seat on both the Centre and Common wards has become available due to recent departures.
Frank Richardson has decided to leave his seat on the Common ward after moving away from the area. Also leaving the council is Brian Woodruff who represented the Centre ward.
The Beccles Centre seat will be competed by independent David Mansell Cooper, Renee Kathuria from the Beccles New Independents Party and Neil John Peek from United Beccles.
The Beccles Common seat will also be contested between United Beccles candidate Elaine Curtis and Julia Janney from the Beccles New Independents Party.
You may also want to watch:
The by-election will take place on Thursday, February 9 and votes will be taken in between 7am and 10pm at Beccles Public Hall.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 6 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 7 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times