Cable fault knocks out power to hundreds of homes and businesses
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of people woke up this morning with no electricity supply in their homes due to a power cut.
UK Power Networks were made aware of the problem shortly before 6am on Tuesday.
As of 6.45am, 411 properties were affected along the Norfolk-Suffolk border, including some in and around Beccles, Bungay and some in Lowestoft.
Engineers were sent to the scene at 6.19am to investigate the issue, caused by a faulty piece of underground equipment.
Power was rerouted remotely to some people while engineers worked at the scene to restore power to the rest of the affected homes.
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks said the problem was fixed by 9.09am.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 3 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Village pub opens brand new café
- 10 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend