Use local hospital for minor injuries
PEOPLE with minor injuries are being urged to go to Beccles Hospital or Patrick Stead Hospital in Halesworth rather than A&E.Minor injuries, such as a cut, bite, burn, sprain or strain, can be treated at minor injury units at community hospitals.
PEOPLE with minor injuries are being urged to go to Beccles Hospital or Patrick Stead Hospital in Halesworth rather than A&E.
Minor injuries, such as a cut, bite, burn, sprain or strain, can be treated at minor injury units at community hospitals.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney say they act as fast alternatives to A&E and offer “efficient and convenient” treatment. They help prevent the clogging of larger hospitals - especially with added pressure through the winter months.
Dr Shamsher Diu, public health consultant for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: “If you need efficient, convenient treatment for a cut, bite, burn, sprain or strain, your local minor injuries unit can help.
You may also want to watch:
“During winter there is added pressure on GP practices, hospitals and out-of-hours services because more people are prone to illness, flu and falls.
“The units at Beccles and Halesworth are a fast alternative to A&E which are staffed by fully trained nurses with extensive emergency experience.
- 1 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 2 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 3 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 4 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 7 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 8 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations
“You don't need an appointment and can drop in at any time during opening hours.”
The unit at Patrick Stead, Bungay Road, Halesworth, IP19 8HP, is open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and is available by telephoning 01986 872124.
The unit at Beccles Hospital, St Mary's Road, Beccles, NR34 9NQ, is open seven days a week between 8am to 8pm and can be contacted on 01502 719821.
Dr Diu added: “Anyone who may be suffering from an illness should contact their GP or pharmacist for treatment advice or call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 or go to www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk.”