Fire crew tackles van fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rushed into action this morning to deal with a van fire in a residential street.
The incident occurred at around 11.45am in Hill Farm Road, Halesworth.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “We received reports of a medium sized van alight close to a Bungalow on Hill Farm Road.”
When the fire crew arrived they found the van “well alight” and used two hose reels sets as well as breathing equipment to extinguish the vehicle.
The spokesman added: “It was a straight forward operation with the crew calling a time of stop at noon - 15 minutes after receiving the call.”
You may also want to watch:
Police were not called to attend the scene.
- 1 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 2 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 3 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 4 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 5 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 9 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
- 10 Newcastle Falcons rugby star's new role at Norfolk school