Fire crew tackles van fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rushed into action this morning to deal with a van fire in a residential street.
The incident occurred at around 11.45am in Hill Farm Road, Halesworth.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “We received reports of a medium sized van alight close to a Bungalow on Hill Farm Road.”
When the fire crew arrived they found the van “well alight” and used two hose reels sets as well as breathing equipment to extinguish the vehicle.
The spokesman added: “It was a straight forward operation with the crew calling a time of stop at noon - 15 minutes after receiving the call.”
You may also want to watch:
Police were not called to attend the scene.
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 7 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham