Vandals hit new Beccles barber shop business
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Vandals struck just hours before a new barbers business was due to open leaving those behind the venture heartbroken.
Rachel Fleet and her staff have been working for weeks to get Fleet’s Barbers in Blyburgate, Beccles, ready for the grand opening on Monday.
However, when staff arrived at the recently decorated former butcher’s store, they found the front window had been broken and paint thrown on the window and door.
“It was heartbreaking to discover the damage. Everyone had been looking forward to our first day of trading but we were all left in tears,” said Ms Fleet.
However, neighbours and nearby businesses have rallied round to help.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been amazed by how our neighbours and nearby businesses have been so helpful.
“Their support has made a lot of difference to how we are coping with this.
- 1 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 2 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 6 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
“We are determined to carry on and not be beaten by a piece of mindless vandalism so we are open as normal seven days a week,” said Ms Fleet.
Police have appealed to any witnesses to come forward and believe the building was attacked some time between 6pm on Sunday and 7am on Monday.
Neighbours who have spoken to Ms Fleet believe they heard a loud bang at about 11pm on Sunday and this could have been when the vandals struck.
Anyone with information about the attack is asked to contact police on 101.