Views sought on planned Tesco store
A SUFFOLK town will get a chance to air its views on plans for a proposed Tesco.A public meeting will be held on Monday, September 29 to allow anyone with a view on Tesco's hopes to build a store in Halesworth to speak.
A SUFFOLK town will get a chance to air its views on plans for a proposed Tesco.
A public meeting will be held on Monday, September 29 to allow anyone with a view on Tesco's hopes to build a store in Halesworth to speak.
Earlier in the year, the chain confirmed it wanted to build a supermarket off Saxons Way and Angel Link.
At a town council meeting on Monday, councillors said they had been told the company intended to hold a public exhibition on October 4 and 5 to reveal its plans.
You may also want to watch:
Town councillor Ezra Leverett said: “It should be for the public to give us their views on how they feel about a very large superstore coming to the town - and in Halesworth terms it is a very large store. We should give them the chance to comment on the Tesco proposal before that meeting so they can go along with questions to ask.”
The council has not yet organised a venue for the meeting, which will begin at 7pm.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 7 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
A senior representative of Tesco will be invited.
A second public meeting is expected to follow the exhibition in October.