Views sought on planned Tesco store
A SUFFOLK town will get a chance to air its views on plans for a proposed Tesco.A public meeting will be held on Monday, September 29 to allow anyone with a view on Tesco's hopes to build a store in Halesworth to speak.
A SUFFOLK town will get a chance to air its views on plans for a proposed Tesco.
A public meeting will be held on Monday, September 29 to allow anyone with a view on Tesco's hopes to build a store in Halesworth to speak.
Earlier in the year, the chain confirmed it wanted to build a supermarket off Saxons Way and Angel Link.
At a town council meeting on Monday, councillors said they had been told the company intended to hold a public exhibition on October 4 and 5 to reveal its plans.
You may also want to watch:
Town councillor Ezra Leverett said: “It should be for the public to give us their views on how they feel about a very large superstore coming to the town - and in Halesworth terms it is a very large store. We should give them the chance to comment on the Tesco proposal before that meeting so they can go along with questions to ask.”
The council has not yet organised a venue for the meeting, which will begin at 7pm.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 3 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
- 10 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
A senior representative of Tesco will be invited.
A second public meeting is expected to follow the exhibition in October.