Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- Credit: Mike Kwasniak
St Elizabeth Hospice is calling on locals to consider volunteering for the independent Suffolk charity as it continues to expand its free specialist care services to people in Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
Since launching with East Coast Community Healthcare (ECCH) in April 2019, the joint initiative has delivered vital care to more than 2,000 people and their families in Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
This care is made possible by the staff from the hospice and ECCH but also by more than 100 volunteers who support the service.
Now further volunteers are being sought. Jemma Wood, volunteer development manager at St Elizabeth Hospice, said: “We are constantly looking to evolve and expand our services to provide support to more patients and their families in this area.
“By volunteering for the hospice you will be helping ensure people in your local area receive the care they need.
You may also want to watch:
"If you think you could spare time to volunteer, even if only for a few hours a week, please get in touch."
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.stelizabethhospice.org.uk/support-us
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles